Why not aging the BSS in use?

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:02:20 EDT 2013

Hi Matthieu,

I hope that Intel won't sell such buggy chips :-)

Also, I personally think that wpa_supplicant should be optimized for
working hardware. What you propose is a work-around for a buggy hardware. I
have not looked at the source code yet, but I have something in the back of
my head: the bss list enty of the current AP isn't aged, so that it doesn't
get deleted accidentally. If it would be deleted, you'd get dangling
pointers, e.g. pointers pointing into unallocated memory.

For your situation, you should probably a) fix the driver/chip, b) use some
of the background scan methods that are part of wpa_supplicant.