Windows Rally Vertical Pairing Support

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Sep 6 16:51:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 11:28:46AM -0500, Ken Erbes wrote:
> Windows Rally Vertical Pairing requires wps pbc + specific info in the WPS
> Vendor Extension fields of WPS messages.
> I see that the developer branch supports WPS Vendor Extensions in the M1
> message. Is this sufficient to support Windows Rally Vertical Pairing? Has
> any testing been done to verify that wpa_supplicant supports Rally Vertical
> Pairing yet?

I'm not very familiar with the Windows Rally Vertical Pairing, but it
looks like the WPS extension part for it is very simple. You can use the
wps_vendor_ext_m1 configuration parameter as mentioned in
wpa_supplicant.conf to add arbitrary vendor extensions, including the
Microsoft extensions defined for vertical pairing, into the WPS M1
message. Obviously, you'll need to implement the other parts of the
protocol separately, but I would assume that the WPS extensions part is
covered by this configuration item.