Disconnect P2P client from P2P Group

Nishant Sharma nishantshrm009 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 02:20:50 EST 2012

Hi Jouni,

               As per my understanding currently, same PSK is being shared
for all the clients of the same GO. Your suggestion is to have one PSK per
client. But my requirement is  to disconnect a particular client form GO.
Can I achieve this from following steps:
1. Adding a new command for client disconnect in interface.
2. this disconnect command will send a disassociation frame to that client.
3. Remove client from peer list and clean up all the client resources from
supplicant of GO.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 05:35:59PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> > Is there an plan to implement this feature with full functionality in
> near
> > time. Otherwise can you guide us in little deep for implementing this
> > feature in wpa_supplicant.
>
> It's been on my nice-to-have to-do list for the past three years.. ;-)
>
> hostapd has support for per-station PSK with WPS and the key addition
> for the feature here would be to extend wpa_supplicant implementation to
> support that, i.e., configure WPS Registrar to issue per-device PSK in
> wps_build_cred() in src/wps/wps_registrar.c and store the P2P Device
> Address (or interface address for non-P2P devices) with the runtime
> network (struct wpa_ssid) and for persistent groups, store that
> information with the rest of the persistent group information. The PSK
> matching code in SM_STATE(WPA_PTK, PTKCALCNEGOTIATING) in
> src/ap/wpa_auth.c would need some changes to make it match the P2P
> Client case based on P2P Device Address instead of the P2P Interface
> Address since the latter can change for each instance of a persistent
> group.
>
> Disconnecting a client part would then be to remove the identified
> address,PSK pair and deauthenticate the station from the group.
>
> --

Thanks and Regards
Nishant Sharma