[rt2x00-users] [rt2800pci (AP) - ath9k] 802.11w: broken aggregation handling?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 7 09:55:33 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 01:04:29PM +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> I'm fine with enabling MFP in rt2800pci but I don't know enough about the
> necessary requirements.
>
> Jouni, are there any special requirements for MFP?

The main requirements:
- support CCMP encryption/decryption of unicast robust management frames
  (subset of Action frames, Deauthentication, Disassociation)
- support BIP and IGTK configuration for group addressed robust
  management frames (TX-only for AP, RX-only for STA); I would expect
  most drivers to use software implementation on the host CPU for this
  taken into account that there is only very limited use of group
  addressed robust management frames
- SA Query mechanism (mac80211-based drivers get this pretty much
  automatically from hostapd for AP mode and mac80211 for STA)
- ability to configure RSN capabilities into RSN element and to
  provide the received element to user space (again, most mac80211-based
  drivers should work as-is)