sending EAPOL Logoff on SIGTERM

Simner, John john.simner at siemens-enterprise.com
Tue May 1 04:47:00 EDT 2012

Dear all,
I am new to wpa supplicant and hope you can help me.
I have recently upgraded an xsupplicant in an embedded environment to the wpa supplicant.
I have received a bug report from test stating that the EAPOL Logoff is not sent when the embedded environment is rebooted.

With the xsupplicant implementation, a SIGTERM was sent to it and it generated the EAPOL Logoff.
With the wpa supplicant I can see that it is handling the SIGTERM and generating the following...

# kill -SIGTERM 1934
# ***** ctrl_iface_unix CTRL_IFACE monitor send
CTRL_IFACE monitor send - hexdump(len=24): 2f 74 6d 70 2f 44 6f 74 31 78 53 74 61 74 75 73 4d 6f 6e 31 39 33 35 00

Is there a configurable option to genearate the EAPOL Logoff? or is something else required?

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to your response.

Thanks..
John

John Simner BSc(Hons) MSc CEng. MIET
Software Engineer
Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited
Tel: + 44 (0) 1908 817378
Please Note New Telephone number from 11/09/10: + 44 (0) 1908 817378
Email: John.Simner at siemens-enterprise.com
www.siemens.co.uk/enterprise<http://www.siemens.co.uk/enterprise>
Communication for the open minded<blocked::blocked::http://www.siemens.co.uk/open>
Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited.
Registered office: Brickhill Street, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DJ.
Registered No: 5903714, England.
Siemens Enterprise Communications Ltd is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee please note that any distribution, reproduction, copying, publication or use of this communication or the information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us immediately and also delete the communication from your computer. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this email.
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?