[RFC] use User-Name and Chargeable-User-Identity für Access-Accept for Accounting Messages even if 802.1X is not used

michael-dev michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Sun Jul 22 18:06:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to authenticate WPA-PSK users against a remote radius server
that I cannot control and limit their access (time per day) to the local
network.
Therefore, I currently have hostapd -> my radius server -> remote
radius server, where "my radius server" does all the accounting and the
remote radius server authenticates and returns an accountable
(chargeable) user identity to my radius server. In order to the track
per user, I want hostapd to return the chargeable user identity in the
accounting messages just as with 802.1X (so I can avoid looking that up
by Calling-Station-Id).

The attached patch therefore adds identity (aka user-name) and
radius_cui (chargeable user identity) attributes to the struct sta_info,
that are filled by the radius acl query and used when generating an
accounting message.
It does not require WPA-PSK to be used to get identity and CUI
tracking, as the accounting code falls back to sta the sta properties,
thought the identity/radius_cui values are copied to eapol_state in oder
the make use of the pmksa caching.

Signed-hostap: M. Braun <michael-dev at fami-braun.de>

Regards,
  M. Braun