P2p_peers command

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jan 25 10:35:57 EST 2012

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 02:40:06PM +0300, Marek.Kwaczynski at tieto.com wrote:
> According the second issue I prepared a patch. I added a new state in p2p_device structure that keeps information about status of connection.
> Now p2p_devices aren't removed from the list of peers when p2p devices are connected.
>
> Please look at it maybe will be useful.

Sorry it took so long to review this. The patch was using incorrect
address in the comparison (comparing P2P Device Address to the P2P
Interface Address which may be different). In addition, I don't think we
should try to maintain separate copy of the peer connection state within
the P2P peer table. This is extra information and does not really work
correctly in cases where the same peer may be involved in multiple
groups. To avoid these issues, I used different approach by checking the
already existing information on connected P2P clients and GO connections
on all group interfaces.