[PROPOSAL] Add hostapd.conf parameter to skip check forneighboring BSS (prevent fallback in 150Mb mode)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Feb 25 04:59:55 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 04:05:25PM +0200, Valeriy Kucherenko wrote:
> So, is it possible to make such config parameter?
>
> Btw, I have sent you scan results 2 weeks ago. Have you received email/message?

Could you please answer the part of which channel(pri/sec) you are
trying to use? The screenshot of scan results showed APs on channel
1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, and 13+9, so I would assume you are looking at use of
40 MHz channel on 2.4 GHz band. I would also like to see debug log from
hostapd showing why it disables 40 MHz use.

If your configuration is trying to use some other primary channel than
13, I would suggest trying to use the same parameters as the other 40
MHz BSS was using (I would assume that 13+9 meant channel 13 with
HT40-).

In general, I would prefer to get hostapd closer to the 20/40 coex rules
described in IEEE 802.11 rather than providing mechanism for ignoring
these rules. They were added for a good reason and it would be better to
promote responsible use of the shared radio resource.