Hostapd sending MAC address to radius server

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Feb 24 06:23:10 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 02:27:04PM +0530, Prateek Kumar wrote:
> I have configured hostapd v0.5.9 using wpa with freeradius (configured for
> peap-mschapv2), both in debugging mode. I am using madwifi driver.
> Now when I connect windows client to the hostapd it sends Mac address as
> username and password to radius server

Your configuration enables MAC address-based authentication using an
external RADIUS server (macaddr_acl=2). While that is possible to do
with IEEE 802.1X authentication, it sounds like a very strange
combination. Are you doing that on purpose? If not, just remove the
macaddr_acl=2 line from the configuration.