P2P Device find each other by cycling between Listen State and Search State ?

吴鹏展 wupengzhan110 at 126.com
Sat Dec 29 02:02:27 EST 2012

   I study the P2P Technical specification, find p2p devices find each other by cycling between Listen State and Search State. and random the time of Listen State and Search State as to avoiding “ lock-step and thus will never find each other.” But I am curious is that the method (cycling and random the two states) must make the p2p device to find each other in a short time ? or just take the owner's chance?
   Is there a Mathematics theory or Mathematical model to support this method? thanks!