Some Questions regarding interworking_connect()

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Dec 17 09:21:07 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 08:59:16AM +0530, Shyam wrote:
> > I would like to know regarding the funtion : interworking_connect()
> > 1) Why is interworking_credentials_available_roaming_consortium() the
> > first preferred way to connect - was thinking whether this would lead to
> > connection to a roaming network, when have credential for the home network.

I think I added it as the first entry since it takes less processing to
check the match through it than NAI Realm List. That said, there may be
need for some changes in interworking_connect() to address the preferred
credential selection for the case where more than a single credential
would match with the selected BSS. That roaming consortium match is not
the only potential issue in this.

> > 2) Basically what should be the order of comparision of client credential
> > with the ANQP.

This will likely need to go through all credential matches and selected
the highest priority one somewhat similarly to what is done in
interworking_select_network()..

> > 3) how do we use domain name list in interworking_connect?

This should likely be handled similarly to
interworking_select_network(), too, to allow the home network preference
to be used for the case of multiple credential matches.