reason for association failure accessible over DBus ?

Sven Neumann s.neumann at raumfeld.com
Fri Aug 24 05:11:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

we are using wpa_supplicant with the new DBus interface. Now if the user
selects an AP and enters the credentials I would like to give useful
feedback in case that the connection can not be established. For example
the password may be incorrect and I would like to distinguish this from
other problems such as unsupported ciphers. Is there any way to do that?

I've seen a patch that exports a DisconnectReason to the DBus interface.
But as far as I can see the disconnect reason is always 0 in case the
PSK is incorrect. Is that expected?

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Neumann
Head of RAUMFELD Software Development

Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH | Bülowstr. 66 | 10783 Berlin | Germany
Tel: +49 (0)30-300 930 153 | s.neumann at raumfeld.com