Testing wap_supplicant over LAN

Chaudry Chaudry novalystitag at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 09:58:30 EDT 2012

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.

As from hostapd documentation, it is said that it can be used as a
standalone Wireless AP.
But you have mentioned below:
"build  your own switch using hostapd".
Can it also be used as a standalone EAP- SIM Server/authenticator (sort of
switch) which is working on "eth0" port? Right?
If it is so, on the wireless LAN, wpa_supplicant scans the AP by SSID. On
the wired lan, how can the wpa_supplicant can point to some particular
switch (actually hosted by hostapd). Does wpa_supplicant also receives any
input regarding ip address of authenticator as we have for eapol_test which
takes the IP address of AAA Server?

Any pointer to this?

BR,
AAMER