Interworking

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Aug 17 12:06:42 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 09:51:01PM +0530, Dr. Ajay N. Khosla wrote:
> But list_creds is not working
>
> > list_creds
> cred id / realm / username / domain / imsi
> >
> my wpa_supplicant.conf file is (xxx is to hide domain name)

This config file works fine in my tests:

> list_creds
cred id / realm / username / domain / imsi
0	xxxxx.com	admin	xxxxxxxx.com
1	example.com	user at example.com	example.com
2				310026-000000000

Do you see following lines when starting wpa_supplicant with verbose
debugging?

ap_scan=1
interworking=1
Line: 8 - start of a new cred block
Line: 20 - start of a new cred block
Line: 28 - start of a new cred block
hs20=1

> But interworking_connect fails as there is no creds are available.
>
> > interworking_connect 02:27:22:e5:a0:2a
> FAIL

This is expected since interworking_select did not return any matching
networks. Though, please also note that the current version of hostapd
in hostap.git does not have support for NAI Realm List and because of
that, most Interworking network selection mechanisms are not really
going to match even if there were no issues with configuring the
credentials. The credential with roaming_consortium set could match; the
other ones would not work with the hostapd snapshot from hostap.git.