WPS-PIN/PBC fail

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Aug 9 18:25:52 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 01:05:30AM +0530, ashish agarwal wrote:
> In Jellybean when I am trying to connect to any device with any WPS enabled
> AP with PIN from device option, mostly time connection is getting failed.

Which WLAN driver are you using?

> In Jellybean there is no option to connect to any particular AP as it was
> in ICS. Now there is a unique pin which we need to put in AP.
> Device will try to connect to every WPS enable AP available in environment
> even with P2P GO , so its very less chance to connect to desirable AP with
> in 120 sec.
>
> WIth PBC also the same issue but with less frequency.

PBC should only try to associate with the single AP that has PBC active,
so it should be quite a bit faster operation. PIN case should prioritize
the WPS APs that have registrar selected and that have best signal
strength (i.e., are likely to be closer to your station).

> Please have a look at wps_cli logs.

Could you please collect wpa_supplicant debug logs from both the PIN and
PBC cases? Before starting the WPS operation, run "wpa_cli log_level
debug" and start recording logcat (e.g., with "adb logcat").