How to use eapol_test for running EAP-Peer and Radius Client on separate machines

Aamer Sattar aamer.786pk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:14:36 EDT 2012

Hi Jouni,
Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, in eapol_test, the original
EAP-Messages are encapsulated and decapsulated inside RADIUS client in
single program. I want to separate them out. I am trying to send the
original EAP message/packet (e.g. over the TCP connection) towards the
Radius client (running as a separate process or on some other machine). The
radius client should then encapsulate EAP-Message inside Radius packet
which is sent over UDP to the Radius Server,

Radius Server process the radius request and send the radius response
towards the Radius Client over UDP.  Then Radius client decapsulate the
Eap-Response message from Radius Packet and send back EAP-Response message
over the TCP connection to the EAP-Peer (which may be running on some other
machine).

For the Radius packets, they are sent/received over UDP. But what about the
EAP-Requests/Responses. Are they sent/received between EAP-Peer and Radius
Client over TCP/Unix socket/UDP in eapol_test??
I want to  transport EAP  messages over TCP connection between EAP-Peer and
Radius Client for EAP-SIM testing.

About the preauth_test, Can I use it for EAP-SIm testing between EAP-Peer
and Eap-Server?

BR,
AAMER