Opportunistic Key Caching on wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Sep 21 15:24:48 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 01:24:07PM -0400, Matt Causey wrote:
> I'm running linux 2.38.2, and wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 with the following .config:

I would suggest running a quick test with the current development
snapshot from hostap.git (0.8.x). There has been some fixes in PMKSA
caching and OKC recently and I'm not sure whether they would affect
0.7.3.

> What it looks like is that the supplicant is providing a key that does
> not match what the controller is expecting, and so it fails and causes
> re-auth.  What data do I need to collect to understand what this is
> happening?  It is predictable, as I have a small test network with a
> single controller with 2 access points.  Anytime I roam between them,
> it re-auths.....and I'm not sure how to diagnose from here.

Which WLAN driver are you using? If the 0.8.x snapshot does not fix
this, please provide verbose debug log from wpa_supplicant (-ddt on
command line; or -ddKt if this is a test network and you don't care
about revealing passwords/keys etc. private information).