Possibility of bypassing hostapd's "Radius Client"

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Sep 17 14:08:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:42:27PM +0530, uday kiran wrote:
> 1) Can I use the radius client running in my machine instead of hostapd's
> radius client ?

Could you please provide more detailed description of what you are
trying to do? The IEEE 802.1X EAPOL authenticator in hostapd is pretty
tightly coupled with the internal RADIUS client implementation, so there
may be need for considerable number of changes to be able to use another
RADIUS client implementation.

> One question specific to radisu clients. Can i run more than one radius
> clients in my machine ?

Yes, the RADIUS protocol does not place limitations on this.