p2p_find failed

Fu Yingang yingang.fu at borqs.com
Wed Sep 14 06:11:57 EDT 2011

hi, all

I've built out the latest wpa_supplicant with P2P support.
It returns FAIL When i use the wpa_cli to issue p2p_find command:

1.  start wpa_supplicant as daemon:

/system/bin/wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -ieth0
-c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/data/misc/wifi/server
device_name=My P2P Device
device_type=1-0050F204-1

2. Run wpa_cli:

/ # wpa_cli
wpa_cli v0.8.x
Copyright (c) 2004-2011, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> and contributors

This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.

Selected interface 'eth0'

Interactive mode

 > p2p_find
FAIL

When i traced the call process, I found that the p2p_find returned by:

  wpa_s->global->p2p == NULL

which at:
         if (wpa_s->global->p2p_disabled || wpa_s->global->p2p == NULL)
                 return -1;

Does anyone tell me what's wrong with my steps or what should i setup
before following above steps?

Thanks
Yingang

Other information:

1. My .config file as:(Just list the key configurations)

CONFIG_DRIVER_WEXT=y
CONFIG_WPS=y
CONFIG_P2P=y
CONFIG_AP=y

2. The chip is mrvl8787 and the kernel driver is provided by vendor. The
kernel version is 2.6.32.

Thanks
Yingang