about the openssl in the EAP-FAST

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Oct 25 12:47:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:05:07PM +0800, why wrote:
> Hi, all. I use the openssl-0.9.8i in the EAP-FAST and I have patched it. But when I make the hostapd, it says undefined "SSL_set_session_ticket_ext". I want to use the openssl-0.9.9 but I can't find it i the openssl.org. So I use the openssl-1.0.0e instead, but it gives to many "error" and of course it fails. Can someone help me? Thank you!

It sounds like your hostapd build is not configured to use the correct
OpenSSL version header files.

Why would you want to use OpenSSL 0.9.9? It is an old development tree
and I see no point in using that.. OpenSSL 1.0.0 includes the needed
functionality for EAP-FAST, so no patching needed there. If you cannot
build hostapd with it, please send output from a failed build showing
the compilation errors.