Support for Linux WiFi stack (+wpa_supplicant) in Android

Dani Camps danicamps81 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 02:37:09 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I would like to ask whether there is support for the Linux Wi-Fi stack (+ wpa_supplicant) in Android. In http://bobcopeland.com/android_wifi.html it is mentioned that the first Android developer phone uses a driver from TI that is GPLd and included within mac80211 (wl12xx). I was wondering whether somebody knows about other GPLd wireless drivers included in Android devices that are supported in mac80211.

Best Regards

Daniel

PS: Apologies if this is not the best mailing list for this topic, but linux-wireless was returning my emails