Please comment on these patches to hostapd-0.7.3

B. J. bryanp35 at
Wed Oct 19 17:42:25 EDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:43:12AM -0700, B. J. wrote:
>>> That function was never fully implemented in the hostap.git repository.
>>> The current development branch (0.8.x) has similar functionality
>>> implemented with ap_isolate=1 configuration in hostapd.conf.
>> Okay.  This is the important one for us then, as we've been using this
>> functionality for some time.  I'll look into what would be required for us
>> to keep using it under 0.7.3.  If you have any thoughts, please let me
>> know.

Jouni, you're the best! :-)

This patch looks pretty trivial - just to support reading the option out of the
config.  Is there another patch I need for the drivers or anything else in
hostapd, or is it really this easy?

Thanks again,