How to configure supplicant to only scan but not associate to AP

Binesh bbinesh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:39:42 EST 2011

Hi,

Assuming I have supplicant.conf in which I have previously remembered
networks, is there a way, at runtime to tell the supplicant "only scan for
APs, but dont automatically associate with them" ?

Looking for a way to either achieve this through
 i) modifying a conf value (without removing remembred networks) and
reloading conf
OR
ii) (preferably) some ctrl_iface command that can change the behaviour for
that scan cycle alone.

Is this achievable on supplicant v6/v8 ? If yes, could someone pls help?

rgds
Binesh