Disable probe request using broadcast ("") SSID.

Lars Ericsson lars_ericsson at telia.com
Tue Nov 8 02:08:49 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm using the wpa_supplicant in environments where rooming time is an
issue and AP normally never disclose their SSID on an empty SSID
probe.

I have not found any configuration tag to disable wpa_supplicant form
probing using empty SSID. For an older version I have created a patch
that disable the empty probing. When moving to 0.7.3, I was hoping
that this had been added as a configuration parameter. So far I not
found any such parameter.

Is there a way to disable broadcast probe requests ?

If not, does anyone have an idea of where to apply such a patch. The
method used in the old does not work any longer. :(

Regards
Lars