Removing unmaintained and obsolete driver wrappers

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Nov 4 17:33:19 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 08:40:31PM +0100, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> My personal impression about the usalibity of ath5k compared to
> madwifi is that the first one is really buggy and perform less well
> then madwifi.
>
> So as long as the quality of those drivers is not improved to have
> equivalence of usability with madwifi, that might be worth to keep
> them, even for legacy purposes.

Just to make sure... Are you referring only to use of driver_madwifi.c
with hostapd? I hope that you would be using driver_wext.c for station
mode operations instead of driver_madwifi.c. In other words, would you
see any harm in removing the parts of driver_madwifi.c that are only
used by wpa_supplicant?