SSL: Invalid TLS message: no Flags octet included

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 16 15:10:41 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:57:52PM +0300, Ярослав Левандовський wrote:
> I'm writing driver for WiMax Usb dongle.
> And I use libeap.so
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> "01 31 00 05 0d"

What is generating this EAP packet? It does not look correct (missing
one octet in the end).

> As I understand request are almost the same except "0x00" Flag at the end.
>
> How to skip Flag test to continue authentication?

Are you sure you need that kind of workaround? It would sound more
reasonable to fix the other end that is not sending a valid packet..
Sure, you can hack the code to remove that validation, but unless that
type of EAP implementation is deployed somewhere, I would prefer not to
do this type of hacks.