Enable bgscan in wpasvc

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 16 14:54:18 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:13:37AM +0200, Massimo Messore wrote:
> I want to enable the bgscan feature in wpasvc service in order to receive
> events about signal level changing.
>
> Is there an easy way to enable this feature on Windows based PC?

This feature requires support from the driver for indicating changes in
signal strength. I'm not sure whether there is such a mechanism
available as a generic NDIS/WMI event. If not, this could require some
driver specific hacks to make this feature work. Anyway, it is not
supported in the current wpa_supplicant/wpasvc on Windows.