Something wrong in radius server list

Xu Alex newcalex2010 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:30:50 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I need a backup radius server when necessary. So I checked my hostapd
code(0.7.2) and found out that server list is stored in the struct
namedhostapd_radius_server.
When doing the initial work, hostapd uses a timer to get the legal server in
the list by counting the retry time.
/**
 * RADIUS_CLIENT_NUM_FAILOVER - RADIUS client failover point
 *
 * The number of failed retry attempts after which the RADIUS server will be
 * changed (if one of more backup servers are configured).
 */
#define RADIUS_CLIENT_NUM_FAILOVER 4
static void radius_client_timer(void *eloop_ctx, void *timeout_ctx)
{
        ··········
while (entry) {
 if (now.sec >= entry->next_try &&
    radius_client_retransmit(radius, entry, now.sec)) {
 if (prev)
prev->next = entry->next;
 else
radius->msgs = entry->next;

tmp = entry;
 entry = entry->next;
radius_client_msg_free(tmp);
 radius->num_msgs--;
continue;
 }
if (entry->attempts > RADIUS_CLIENT_NUM_FAILOVER) {
 if (entry->msg_type == RADIUS_ACCT ||
    entry->msg_type == RADIUS_ACCT_INTERIM)
 acct_failover++;
else
 auth_failover++;
}
}
But in my situation, the RADIUS_CLIENT_NUM_FAILOVER maybe too big
here, Especially
the server list includes both authen servers & accounting servers.But I
can't figure out the most appropriate num.I don't know on this issue is the
neglect of something, or is this just an environmental problem.Please
someone give me a help!!

Thanks,
Calex