Implementing Thesis Project

AltF4 altf4 at
Wed Mar 9 22:39:49 EST 2011

Hey all,

I'm looking to make an implementation of my master's thesis, which I
just recently finished. It's secure a Wi-Fi protocol for open networks.
My current paper version is here:

But the TL;DR is that it's an EAP type like TTLS that uses a CA signed
server side certificate, and no inner (client) authentication. I did
make a really hackish proof-of-concept out of wpa_supplicant and hostapd
using some config files. But it's not anything someone would actually
want to use.

So I'm looking to make a "proper" implementation. Where would a good
place to start, aside from just kind of digging through the code? (Which
I fully intend to do, but I figured I'd ask.)

Thanks a lot!