Setting up Access Point
linux.newbie79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:01:01 EST 2011
I am running Linux on our embedded platform (Station A) with PXA255 chip.
* I have 2 wireless interfaces i.e eth1 (cisco card) and wlan0 (Ralink
chipset card) and they are working.
* using "brctl" utility, I created the bridge br0
* I enabled Hostapd on wlan0 interface.
* eth1 connects to external Access Point using WPA and I am using
wpa_supplicant to do this task.
wpa_supplicant -Dwext -i eth1 -b br0 -c /tmp/wpasup.conf -B
* added the interfaces eth1 & wlan0 to br0
* brctl setfd br0 0
* ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 up
* ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 up
* ifconfig br0 192.168.108.96 up
More information about the HostAP