P2P: supplicant responds to probe request containing 11b only rates

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jun 22 09:54:39 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 02:31:21PM +0100, Soumik Das wrote:
> It looks like there is no check in listen state, if the probe request contains
> 11b-only rates. Is there any downside in adding this check and rejecting probe
> requests which doesn't contain OFDM rates?

Are you seeing such frames in practice? p2p_reply_probe() will not reply
to Probe Request frames if the SSID is anything else than the P2P
Wildcard SSID and any device using that special SSID should not really
ever send such a Probe Request frame with 11b-only rates..

I don't see no problems in adding the extra check for supported rates in
Probe Request frame, but it should not really result in any practical
difference in behavior.