[RFC 00/40] P2P DBus

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Jun 12 18:20:50 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:19:22AM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Down to
> http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/hostap/p2p-dbus-9/

> Outstanding issues I'm aware of:
>  - network ID / network storage thing

This is still a somewhat unclear area, but I committed the change anyway
to get this series moving along finally. If needed, we can modify this
after the commit once I get to actually testing the D-Bus side of the
notification.

>  - questions on retry PD patch

I applied it now.

>  - disconnected-for-each-member thing should be avoidable with proper
>    reordering of the teardown code

This is still pending.

In addition, I merged in 0011-DBus-add-support-for-P2P-primitives.patch
to get this finally in. I did not really review it thoroughly and mainly
just addressed some compiler warnings (including initializing off-by-one
members in some D-Bus structures since getter function was forgotten to
be set to NULL!).

Getting this in seemed to be the best thing to do at this point since
this has not really been going anywhere for months and we can review
this in parts after the commit anyway. Please let me know if I missed
something in the commit or if this does not work in the expected way.

Assuming my records are correct, the following patches remain from the
series but others are now in hostap.git:

0001-P2P-introduce-P2P_AFTER_SCAN_CONTINUE_FIND.patch
0002-P2P-remove-GO-neg-invite-special-cases-from-search.patch
0003-P2P-remove-unneeded-go_neg_peer-check.patch
0010-P2P-send-peer-disconnected-for-each-member.patch