EAPOL-Key timeout issue

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Feb 17 08:00:42 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:
> which makes me think someone is playing things wrong but I don't know
> where to start debugging. For me, it's obviously something wrong with
> the access point since I can connect to any other WPA2 network I see
> around with the same laptop.

Well, taking a look at the documentation of hostapd.conf I realized
there's this eap_reauth_period option which takes care of the
reauthentication time. The documentation says that if I set it to 0
then reauthentication is disabled so from my point of view that should
solve my problem in the short term since no reauth should be
happening... the problem is it still does.

So to simplify my question, why is hostapd ignorign my
eap_reauth_period setting?

David E. Narváez