wpa_supplicant + ti1251 (tiwlan)

Me mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Wed Dec 28 10:58:10 EST 2011

I hope this is the right place to post this - I currently have
wpa_supplicant v0.5.11 + ti1251 (tiwlan) driver on my Android phone and
I am trying to update the supplicant to a more decent version - 0.6.x or
0.7.x ideally.

I have been trying to do this for a few days now and had no luck
whatsoever - hitting nothing but a brick wall!

The supplicant versions which come from the Android source tree are
0.5.11 and 0.6.10. The ti drivers on the same source tree are wilink
standard (the driver for my ti1251 chip) and wilink 6.1 (for ti1273 and
above). Even though I can compile the 0.6.10 version of the supplicant
separately, I can't figure out how to make it "recognise" my wilink
standard driver and include it.

I've tried all sorts of trickery  - downloaded the latest git version
(2.0-devel, I think it was) and even adapted the source tree a bit as
the file structure of the supplicant is quite different from 0.5.11, but
even though I avoided most of the initial - huge - set of errors, I am
still getting quite a number of link errors (compilation succeeds
though), which I presume the "standard" ti driver is unable to handle.
Also, as far as I know, the new wilink 6.1 driver won't work with my
ti1251 chip.

Is there a way I could include my standard driver into the 0.6.x or
0.7.x versions of the supplicant or is this a futile exercise? If I
can't, is there another driver which would work with my chip and be
recognised/compiled-in with the supplicant?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Josh