[RFC] wpa_supplicant: add fast reconnect support

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Dec 21 18:23:39 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 09:53:47AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
> These changes fail our roaming test suite (which explicitly check fast
> reconnect).  A quick glance indicates at least some failures are due to the
> cached scan results.  I'll have to go through the logs to understand.

OK, that sounds reasonable. It sounds like we should try to eventually
try to get some of those scan changes into upstream..

> As to other changes in our code base that are not in yours; I pulled our
> supplicant code forward to your ToT and it looks like we've got 3
> differences:
>
> 1. support for raw psk
> 2. bgscan_simple algorithm changes
> 3. better roaming (but still not complete)
>
> You can find our stuff by searching for commits marked CHROMIUMOS
> here<http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/hostap.git;a=summary>

I actually have a git repository with the latest chromiumos hostap.git
rebased on top on hostap.git master and with patches a bit cleaned up
and merged together to keep things in easier to track state.

At the moment, it looks like this (the "[NO]" prefix identifies commits
that are not applicable to upstream):

Anush Elangovan (1):
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: Setup code review inheritance

Nathan Williams (1):
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: Permit the at_console user access

Paul Stewart (3):
      CHROMIUMOS: bgscan: Add centralized signal_monitor
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: Refinements to fast-scan backoff
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: Create presubmit config for wpa_supplicant

Ryan Cairns (1):
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: Adds a link from . to hostap.git

Sam Leffler (11):
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: add fast reconnect support
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: Accept raw PMK in new DBus API
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: filter scan results during fast reconnect
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: handle auth failure during fast reconnect
      wpa_supplicant: add support for tx aborting a scan
      bgscan_simple: mark scans so that tx will abort
      wpa_supplicant: do not expire bss entries when a scan is aborted
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: change dbus access policy
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: remove d-bus specification for the old api
      [NO] CHROMIUMOS: do not auto-startup wpa_supplicant
      CHROMIUMOS: wpa_supplicant: improve roaming when noise floor available