wpa_supplicant: IBSS/RSN and node reboot

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Dec 20 17:01:47 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 04:49:10PM +0100, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> But, am I wrong or wpa_s get an IBSS_RSN_START event only on node joining? I'm
> asking because, on the lower layer, the node is still in the IBSS when pops up
> again and so no IBSS_RSN_START is going to be triggered.

I didn't say this mechanism was already implemented... ;-)

So yes, this is likely to require some work both in wpa_supplicant and
maybe also in kernel to provide the needed events. Authentication events
are already available with mac80211 for infrastructure station role, but
I've not verified whether those can be used with IBSS currently.