p2p_peer command is not showing intended_addr in auto GO mode

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Dec 19 12:30:21 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:03:34PM +0530, hardik patel wrote:
> when i am executing p2p_peer <mac addr of peer device> in Normal GO
> connection where p2p_client get connected after go negotiation . I am
> able to get intended_addr in p2p_peer command.

What are you using this value for? Please keep in mind that it is an
internal data within the P2P module and it is only used for GO
Negotiation. It is included in p2p_peer output only for debugging
purposes and it is not supposed to be used for anything else.

> After starting Autonomous GO, when client get connected with Auto GO.
> After executing p2p_peer <mac addr of peer device> command. i am not
> able to get  intended_addr in output.
>
> it is always showing 00:00:00:00:00:00.

This field is not used in autonomous GO case - it is only for temporary
GO Negotiation needs.