wpa_supplicant: ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal (dbus)

윤민홍 mhyun at etri.re.kr
Mon Dec 19 00:17:17 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I’m trying to process service discovery requests with external software.

I’m using dbus APIs.

I think that the ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal should be triggered when I set external mode for service discovery requests.

However, only when I set internal mode for service discover requests I can see the ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal is triggered.

I cannot see the ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal when I set external mode for service discover requests. (In this case, I can see P2P-SERV-DISC-REQ messages in wpa_cli)

I mean…

dbus signal

Wpa_cli

Processing SD request internally

ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal is triggered (one time)

P2P-SERV-DISC-REQ message is shown (One time)

Processing SD request externally

No signal

Multiple P2P-SERV-DISC-REQ messages are shown until using p2p_serv_disc_resp command

Do I understand something wrong?

I just want to be notified when the ServiceDiscoveryRequest signal is triggered so that an external program can process ServiceDiscoveryRequest signals.

Best Regards,

Min-Hong Yun

Software Research Laboratory, ETRI

Tel: +82-42-860-6394 / Fax: +82-42-860-6671

Minhong Yun