EAP-TNC SoH Health Attributes

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Dec 10 06:11:08 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 08:58:02AM +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
>   The only difficulty for me is that people use SoH.  No one uses TNC,
> and there is very little likelihood for it to be widely deployed.

That may be so which is a bit pity, but well, something to live with,
I'd guess.

>   The IETF is working on a new EAP method based on EAP-FAST.  It is also
> working on ways to send additional data inside of an EAP session.  I'd
> expect that SoH-style data would be added, too.
>
>   I'd personally be interested in the ability to load SoH data from a
> configuration file.  Would such patches be accepted?

It sounds reasonable for testing purposes, so yes, such a patch would be
welcome. Though, for more complete support for other uses, it would be
useful to extend this to handle some sort of plugin interface (like TNC)
to actually allow real information to be provided dynamically. Anyway,
that can certainly be done as a separate step.