EAP-TNC SoH Health Attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 7 02:58:02 EST 2011

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> What kind of use case do you have in mind for SoH? It looks pretty
> Microsoft specific to me and it is somewhat difficult to see good
> justification for extending the minimal SoH implementation when rest of
> TNC have much less OS dependent and restricted design..

  The only difficulty for me is that people use SoH.  No one uses TNC,
and there is very little likelihood for it to be widely deployed.

  The IETF is working on a new EAP method based on EAP-FAST.  It is also
working on ways to send additional data inside of an EAP session.  I'd
expect that SoH-style data would be added, too.

  I'd personally be interested in the ability to load SoH data from a
configuration file.  Would such patches be accepted?

  Alan DeKok.