Running wpa_supplicant and hostapd on the same machine

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 07:47:37 EDT 2011

Hello Johannes,

That's very useful Johannes, thanks a lot!

Would you have any idea of how should I go on and make hostapd listen to packets from wpa_supplicant running on the same machine?

It was sensible to me to use the lo (local host) interface on both of them, but now I see that hostapd doesn't allow listening to that...

Thanks in advance,
Panos