Running wpa_supplicant and hostapd on the same machine

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 09:40:21 EDT 2011

You are very right; that's one of the things I thought might be problematic. Do you have
any recommendations on this?

I was thinking of using wired driver and also ap_scan=0,  scan_ssid=0 and  eapol_flags=0
on wpa_supplicant to do that, and instead of doing interface=eth0 to do interface=lo.

I guess there is only one way to see if that works. to try it out!

Cheers,

Panos