IFF_RUNNING and hostapd

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:22:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM, David Sommerseth
<hostapd.list at topphemmelig.net> wrote:
> On 26/10/10 15:38, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>> IFF_RUNNING is set in the kernel; operstate DORMANT/UP can be set in
>> user space. hostapd never set this to DORMANT, so there was normally no
>> need for setting it to UP either. However, since other applications may
>> leave the interface to DORMANT operstate, I now added code in hostapd to
>> clear that to avoid this issue. The change in the development branch is
>> here:
>> http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=e11f5a2cbc333113a3a1cc1aeea7f698c3936ca3
>
> I've just tried to compile the updated SVN tree for OpenWRT (backfire,
> r23644) and it works just as expected now.  The network interface is in
> UP/RUNNING state and radvd can do it's job properly.
>
> Thanks a lot for your promptly response!
>

> kind regards,
>
> David Sommerseth

I also confirm that with latest openwrt svn my nanostation M5s work in
AP routed-only mode. I do have to "kick" the sta router by running
iwconfig wlan0 essid whatever in rc.local but I assume that's a
configuration or layer dependency elsewhere. Much thanks!

--
Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht