EAP-TLS - Authentication succeeds with in-correct "private_key_passwd"

saurav barik saurav.barik at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 14:49:15 EDT 2010

I disabled fast_reauth in my conf file(fast_reauth=0). Then I changed
wpa_supplicant conf file with wrong certificates and triggerred logoff
followed by logon from wpa_cli. Immediately I could ping the AP
successfully(with wrong certificates). So I am not too sure whether
the reauthentication really happened. I also tried doing a reassociate
after logon. But in all the cases the ping to the AP was successful
with wrong certs. If logoff/logon causes a reauth then why should the
port get enabled with wrong certs? If PMKSA does not have anything to
do with this behavior, I really don't have any issues with it. I am
just concerned about the station still able to successfully connect to
the AP (via wpa-eap) with wrong credentials.