hostapd on multiple VAPs

Queenie de Melo queenie245 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:27:57 EST 2010

Hi,

If i have multiple VAPs(Access Points) created,
Each VAP will have separate ESSID etc.... and i want to maintain each of
them as a separate connection.

Do i have to run multiple instance of Hostapd for each of the VAP?

While reading on the net, i found that we need not have multiple instance
but we can obtain this witha  single instance , by giving the diff
configuration files while running hostapd. (
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-October/011752.html)

How do we give different configuration files while running hostapd?

I read in the below,
http://resin.csoft.net/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=hostapd.conf

That  with *set* *hostap* *interface* you can set the diff interfaces u want
to run hostapd on? so i assume i have to sepcify here all the vaps i want
the hostapd to run on...

But how to i create and run differnet configuration files for each interface
in hostapd??

Please help!