wpa_supplicant and rfkill

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun May 23 03:32:44 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:31:42PM +0200, Gregy wrote:
> Hello, I would like to ask you if you use wpa_supplicant and rfkill at
> the same time? I am trying to, but it seems wpa_supplicant doesn't
> understand this feature. If I rfkill wlan while wpa_supplicant is
> running and then unblock it wpa_supplicant doesn't try to
> re-initialize the interface, it is stuck in loop:

With the previous implementation, you would have needed to notify
wpa_supplicant separately of the interface being removed and added based
on rfkill events. I added preliminary support for interface-disabled
state and rfkill events, so the current hostap.git snapshot should
handle this automatically.