OpenWRT wpa_supplicant issues

David George dave at eatmyhat.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 17:49:24 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm at a loose end as to how to fix wpa_supplicant on my OpenWRT box.
I'm currently attempting to auth on the wired WAN port using wired
802.1x wired. Here is the command i'm running and my
wpa_supplicant.conf, which work on another OpenWRT router i have
(broadcom based).

wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wired -i eth0.2

wpa_supplicant.conf:

ap_scan=0
network={
	key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
	eap=TTLS
	identity="XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
	password="XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
	phase2="auth=PAP"
}

When i attempt to connect, it gets stuck authenticating. Here's the
output using -dd:

http://pastebin.com/dV1Q1YGw

However, if i then plug the ethernet cable into my windows desktop,
authenticate, and then plug the cable back in to the router,
wpa_supplicant will auth correctly with this output:

http://pastebin.com/APwJNMa8

If anyone knows what's going on here i'll be extremely appreciative ...

Thanks in advance,

Dave