assigning an IP address when triggering handovers

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 05:41:48 EDT 2010

Hello all,

                In my wpa_supplicant.conf I have two network sections and I
am using wpa_cli to trigger handovers from one to the other and vice versa.
Currently I am using static ip addresses and ideally I would like when I
trigger a handover to assign a new ip address to the wireless interface as
fast as possible.

Is there any way that wpa_supplicant or wpa_cli can do this for me? E.g. any
ip_address option that could go in the wpa_supplicant.conf or any command in
wpa_cli to assign an ip address to the interface? I am assuming that if such
an option exists, when it will be enforced, the kernel  will take care of
the routing table as well.

                Thanks a lot in advance,

                Panos