[PATCH] dbus: Change WPA/RSNIE byte array props to dicts
witold.sowa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:53:42 EST 2010
> I think we need to make the KeyMgmt strings match up with the ones we
> use in the Interface capabilities.
> Looks good to me. Do you wanna use the short name IEs or better a long
> one called InformationElements?
It doesn't matter for me. We can change it to the long one. I think
that 'IEs' is quite telling name and besides, it's explained in
> I saw some spelling mistakes in the documentation. You mind wanna have a
> second look there.
Here is the patch with following changes:
- use "wpa-eap" and "wpa-psk" key management names instead of "psk" and "eap"
- fixed typos in docs
- removed "none" option from group cipher (group cipher can't be none)
- removed "none" option form pairwise cipher ("none" == empty list)
- removed wep40 and wep104 options from pairwise cipher
- removed "aes128cmc" cipher option since it only applies to management
group cipher which we don't expose.
I still have some doubts about key management
1) Is it ok to expose all psk suites (PSK, FT_PSK and PSK_SHA256) as
the same value "wpa-psk"? Same for wpa-eap
2) How should we interpret and expose key management with
WPA_KEY_MGMT_NONE flag set in ie_data->key_mgmt?
More information about the HostAP