problem compiling Hostap against the latest libnl... (prototypes don't match)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 21 03:27:47 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 01:28:01AM +0100, Frantisek Rysanek wrote:

> I'm trying to compile "hostap" from a current GIT snapshot
> http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=summary
> last change	Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:14:41 +0000
>
> against the latest libnl, which appears to be two months old by now:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=libs/netlink/libnl.git;a=summary
> last change	Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:20:46 +0000

Do you have any particular reason for using the current snapshot of
libnl instead of a proper release? libnl snapshot has number of changes
that are not backwards compatible and there does not seem to be any easy
way of handling them cleanly. In addition, it is unclear what kind of
API might be in place once the next version of libnl is released and
until that happens, I would recommend using the latest released version
of libnl. Anyway, if you really do want to use the current snapshot, you
can try to enable support for this in hostapd or wpa_supplicant build by
adding CONFIG_LIBNL20=y to the build configuration file (.config).